We knew when we bought Rover that her bottom paint was toast and that her keel epoxy was flaking off the lead, so we weren’t too surprised to see what a couple of additional months had done with no effective bottom paint left.
This is more like it!
We had also noticed that the fairing block on the rudder had been left out after prior work on the boat so we ordered a new one from Hylas and had it installed.
We didn’t like the three blade folding prop, so we decided to spring for a four blade MaxProp. Much less vibration, better tracking in forward and better reverse. Plus the three blade was over pitched and now the engine is runs a the speeds Yanmar intended.
We splashed her late last week, spent Saturday cleaning, and then Sunday daysailing. Great progress!