Aka how to earn a Malibu Tonic with this view before dinner:
- Change generator Racor filter and inspect Racor bowl for hateful contamination found in main engine Racor.
- Main engine and generator run test to expel air from fuel systems. Learn generator will self bleed after a few stalls
- Locate all seacocks. Can you reach them and do they open and close?
- Are there through hull plugs aboard in case one fails?
- Clean Sea water strainers for engine and generator
- Test all electronics including navigation and VHF radio check (don’t do this on 16! Use free Tow Boat US)
- Ensure AIS is receiving and set to transmit
- Generator full load test for one hour: all three AC zones cranking!
- Check sea strainers and Racors for leaks
Finally test ice maker for the first time!
2 thoughts on “Other Checks Before Delivering a New Boat”
Damn fine and very complete list!