Winter Sabre Projects #3

By Rich

The aft head’s floorboards have now been sanded down enough to fit into their spaces with some room to swell without getting jammed into place. Next I need to varnish the sanded surfaces, and then this project can be called done.

IMG_3775

I’ve made progress on repainting a second dorade vent too. This is how it started out:

IMG_3778

Notice how poorly the paint has adhered to much of the vent. I took a page from my experience painting a race car last year and used painer’s tape to peel off all of the paint that was destined to flake off at some point in the future.

IMG_3780

With that work done the vent was ready for primer.

IMG_3788

IMG_3789

And finally the first coat of paint.

IMG_3792

Each of these will need just one more coat of paint to be called done.

1 thought on “Winter Sabre Projects #3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s